Friday, July 10, 2015

How To Embellish Gift Bags with Clay

Ever wanted to turn a plain paper bag into a pretty gift bag or storage tote?  Well, today is your lucky day!

Hi, I upcycled this plain white paper bag with great handles into a cute looking bag that makes a nice gift in itself.  To decorate the bag I made some embellishments with chipboard pieces and Creative Paperclay ( for one of my projects for the CP Design Team).



First I covered each chipboard shape with a generous amount of clay and sculpted each piece to give them dimension.  





After each piece had set I used an emery board and some sanding tools (Sandits) to smooth the surface.  I used three of my favourite colours of Fluid Acrylic paints by DecoArt (. ) to paint and decorate each shape.  I used a black permanent ink pen to add the details.


To give each embellishment their shine I used a coat of Liquid Glass by DecoArt.



Each piece was glued onto a piece of light blue card stock and that piece was stuck onto the bag with double sided tape.

The final details were added with the black pen.

I like how the bag turned out and I hope that you are at least inspired to try something like this yourself.

The supplies I used:
Creative Paperclay® Modelling Material (courtesy of Creative Paperclay®)
Fluid Acrylic Paints (Hansa Yellow Medium, Cobalt Teal Blue, and Primary Magenta) (Courtesy of Deco Art)
Liquid Glass (Courtesy of DecoArt)
Sandits (Courtesy of Sandits™)
Double sided Scotch® Tape by 3m
Glue by Tombow
Chip board shapes from Dollarama
Card stock from Michaels
Black Permanent ink pen from Dollarama
White paper gift bag from my stash



Thanks for popping by!

Here are some suggestions for similar supplies available through the Amazon link.  Every purchase you make through these links helps to keep this blog's content  remain FREE.

No comments: