Friday, June 26, 2015

How to Mend Projects made of Creative Paperclay®

Fix your cracked and warped Creative Paperclay® Air Dry Modelling Material projects with a little bit of water, some heavy weight, and a lot of patience!

Hi, thanks for stopping by today and checking out how I get myself out of a near crafting disaster, every now and then.  Yup, I make boo boos and I turn them into Creative Opportunities!  I share my tip for repairing a nearly failed project made with Creative Paperclay® over at the CP blog with pictures.  Basically what happened and still happens is that I have learned how to reduce the quantity of disasters I make in my studio.  Note I said "REDUCE" not eliminate!

So here is the short version.  I wanted to use a piece I had made a while back that I had forgotten on the back of a shelf.  By the time I remembered about this piece it had warped, chipped and cracked.  I did not want to go through the process of starting over so I tried to fix what I had.  By golly, it worked!


Success!  So that is why I am sharing this with all of you.  My piece of air dry modelling material was rescued with some water spritzed on the back, a heavy object from my studio placed over it.  I also placed a piece of plastic (old lid) between the two, and patience.  That's it.  The warped piece went flat again.



To deal with the crack on this large and thin piece I decided to adhere it to a piece of scrap scrapbook paper with someDecou-Page by Deco-Art.  I love that stuff!   Now I can move the whole piece safely and decorate and alter it any way I need to for future projects.  Here I show how I started to do just that.



To know hen I post new tips and how to's just become a follower of my blog.  You can also join me on social media.  All my links are now in the left hand side bar.  Thanks for stopping by.
Remember there are no figures in the studio,  just "Creative Opportunities".



No comments: