Monday, June 29, 2015

How to Make a Cute Journal Cover

How to Change a plain cover of a new book or journal with some love and a little paint.  That is what I  want to share with you today.

Hi, thanks for stopping by and checking out how I took an unfinished canvas journal and made it my own.  Today over at the Linnie Blooms Blog where I am one of the Designers I posted this project that I made for them.  I truly enjoy working with LB  and their products, so this is not a chore for me!
One of the reasons I like Linnie Blooms in addition to the great products is the fact that they donate 1% of their sales to charity  to help in the Mental Health Awareness campaign, a cause I am totally in support of.



Here is the journal cover I decorated with some other fabulous products made by the DecoArt® Company.  Now this company also has a wonderful program: the Helping Artist program which actually helps to support the creativity of artists such as myself and a whole big lot of them!  It is worth checking out.



Supplies:
"Mini Mixed Stitch Book" by Linnie Blooms
"Bloom" stencils/Masks by Linnie Blooms
Glass seed beads from my stash
Pigma Micron  Micro Pigment Ink pen in black by Sakura
"Cling Hydrangea Garden" cling rubber stamps with template by Stampendous®
"Gesso" by DecoArt® media™
"DecoArt® media Fluid Acrylics™" in (Cobalt Teal Hue, Dioxazine Purple, Hansa Yellow Medium, Primary Magenta, and Titanium White")
"DecoArt® media™ Liquid Glass" (Clear)
"DecoArt® One Step Crackling Medium"

Thanks for checking in today, and come back soon!

No comments: