Saturday, February 15, 2014

Using Bleach on a Valentine

Yup!  I risk it all for the sake of creativity.  Over at the Blue Moon Creation Crafting Station I had to make a sample inspiration piece for the current "use Bleach" challenge.  I forgot to crack open a window! Well, actually It is so cold here, I mean within seconds one can get frost bite just stepping outside without any protection!  So I left all the windows closed and I thought I would use just a few drops of the nasty stuff!  Well, using it pure and undiluted is very different from just cleaning with a solution of the stuff!  Anyways, it made me sick but hey I got the job done!  So here it is:




I used some cute polymer clear stamps from Get Inky  (now Blue Moon Creation), bleach, black Ranger Archival ink, a metal heart, and black card stock from the Dollar Store (Dollarama) ,  red card stock, and white paper from Staples, and a white card from Michaels.

It is a simple card to make but what is unique is the effect I got from using the Gel Bleach pen by Clorox as the medium for stamping .  The bleach removed some red and left a raised effect in white.  I recommend that you try this one day but just remember to do this in a properly ventilated area!


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: