Monday, September 16, 2013

Mixed Media Monday: Harvest Time


Hello and welcome to another Mixed Media Monday!  I like Mondays since I have been running this feature over at All That Stickles Blog.  By the way the new theme for the following two weeks or so, is Harvest, so get out your stickles and join the fun.  But first please check out my idea for the Harvest theme:



I made this 8"x10" multi media canvas which I call "Harvest Time".  Over at the ATS blog where I am on the Design Team I explain how I am not a very good gardener lately...I do not want to rehash that now so you might have to hop on over there after if you are interested in my pathetic gardening skills.  But, stay here if you want to hear about my crafty skills!  Much, much better.  My Green thumb (and all fingers) come from the inks and paints I use!

To make this I first had to grow the flowers and then photograph them, check!
I cropped, enlarged and printed the photo onto paper, check!
I prepared a canvas with a base of yellow acrylic craft paint, check!  (OK, I'll skip the check part from now on).
Moss green acrylic paint (Craft Decor) glaze (Golden).
Stencil (Plaid) with palette knife and Heavy Modelling paste (Liquitex)
Brown acrylic paint (Craft) diluted with water and some glaze, Ink brush through plastic mesh (used in rain gutters) (Rona).
Green oil pastel (Dollarama).
Funky wired green floral yarn (Michaels)
Heavy Gel Tar medium. (Golden)
Paper for photocopy (Staples), Printer inks (Epson)
Clear gesso(Liquitex)
Yellow wax crayon (Crayola)
Gelatos in reds, oranges and yellows (Faber Castell)
Black Pitt Pen (Faber Castell)
Gel medium with glass beads (Golden)
Black glitter (Stash)
Stickles: Spiced Marmalade, Black Diamond, Paprika, Cinnamon (Ranger)
Tacky glue (Aleene's)
Foam pieces leftovers from various projects (stash)
Photo taken with mini iPad.

Phew!  I hope I didn't forget to mention anything.

I hope that you enjoyed your visit today, and please leave me a comment and let me know what you think.  Thanks so much for stopping by.

No comments: