Monday, September 23, 2013

Autumn (Mixed Media Monday)




It is Monday and time for another one of my Mixed Media pieces that I share with you courtesy of the All That Stickles Design Team and blog.  This is my favourite time of year when the leaves begin to turn and change colours before they fall.  The air is crisp the sky tends to be blue and we try to spend as much time as possible outside until it gets too cold and we all huddle back into the house and get all cozy and snug with warm apple cidar or hot chocolate!  Inside we begin to prepare ourselves for the coming months of cold winter by putting away our summer sandals and shorts and pulling out our socks and sweaters.  In the mean time we also enjoy the beautiful colours of nature.




I made this in my art journal recently and as per usual I added Stickles to strategic spots.  When I look outside into my back yard this is exactly what I see at this time of year, minus a couple of wild turkeys and the neighbour on his ATV!!!!  To make this I used a photograph I took with my Fuji Digital camera and printed onto art paper.  I collaged part of the photograph onto my journal page which had been prepped with gesso and acrylic paint.  I used Gelatos by Faber Castell, Grumbacher Dry pastels, Faber Castell coloured pencils, Pitt Pens, Ranger's Archival Jet Black ink and stamps (StampCraft, and Recollections from Michaels).  The stickles I used are: Paprika, Lime Green, Yellow, Distress in Scatterd Straw, Vintage photo, and spiced Marmalade.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: