Saturday, June 8, 2013

Scrappy pages

Hi, I am posting some samples of recent scrapbooking pages I made on which I used some distress stickles to add a little something.  Over at the All the Stickles Blog, where I am a Designer we have a Linky Party going on and the colour this week is :any Distress.  How fun?


The album I am putting together here is about the high lights of our family's life in 2011.  I am using the Reminisce power palette by Creative Memories, mostly.  I like  the look of the papers in this collection and how all the embellishments go so we'll together.  However, on some pages I like to add a few other products to enhance some details.  On the above page I added some Distress Stickles by Ranger. The small blue frame is the same blue cardstock by Colorbok used elsewhere which I cut with my Cricut and The Reminisce by Creative Memories cartridge.  I added Faded Jeans stickles to the top frame for added dimension.


I chose to use: Faded Jeans, Scattered Straw, and Rock Candy.  The Title sticker is from my collection, I beleive it is from Memory Makers.  The blue ribbon trim is upcycled from a gift I had received.  The blue card stock is Colorbok.  I used the Creative Memories Border maker and scallop cartridge for making the laced border.  I used the Rock Candy Stickles to bring out the little lights on the Chicago night sky.


I added the Scattered Straw Stickles to the golden coloured swirls on the lower paper.  I also fussy cutter around the top edge of the swirls.  I used some Faded Jeans Stickles as accents on the blue ribbon trim.

Here is another page from the same scrapbook where I used some more Distress stickles just to bling up the Dragonfly.

On the dragon fly I used some Distress Stickles: Broken China and Frayed Burlap.  In nature dragon flies do reflect some shiny colours but they are subdued, so I felt that the Distress Stickles were perfect for this look.

Next week I will be posting a tutorial on how to use more of the wonderful Distress Stickles in Mixed Media over at the All That Stickles blog, so come see!

In the mean time I encourage you to visit the All That Stickles blog and partake in the Linky Party, all projects need to have  ANY Distress Stickles.  I can't wait to see what you do.  Remember, we have some very nice sponsors with some nice prizes too.  Thanks for viewing.

Sponsors
Louby Lou
Prize - $5 Voucher
Bugaboo
Prize - 7 digis
Eureka
Prize - 5 digis
Pinque Peacock
Prize - Package of Stick pins








No comments: