Monday, September 3, 2012

In the Garden. Mixed media


What can be done with basic white card stock and some mediums. I made this piece which measures 12 x 12 with some good Bazzill paper, Faber Castell Gelatos and Polychromos colouring pencils. Also I used the Faber-Castell Pitt artist pens, some tracing paper from Dollarama, a found basket charm, 3-D Decoupage glue, lots of dimensional adhesives, Gesso and Mat Gel Medium from Omer DeSerres. The stamps I used are from the G 45 collection, Stampendous, and my children's old stamp collection. I used Memento Dye tuxedo Black ink, Dylusions Ink sprays and Ditto Glimmer Spray.
A lot of time and planning went into this piece but a lot of love too. There was much fussy cutting after all the stamping, colouring and shading. I can relate to the woman in the picture who is hunched over her basket loaded with flowers, that was me a week ago but I wasn't in a pretty dress and I was hauling tomatoes. :)

No comments: